Vote NO in NOvember on the Extreme
"reproductive rights" Amendment
Most Americans take a nuanced position on abortion. The majority may not support a total ban, but they do believe in common sense regulations. They don’t want the baby to feel pain. They believe that parents should be involved in the case of minors, and they don’t believe that a child should be aborted the day before its birthday. Most people are not at one extreme or the other. Where do you fit in? Only 27% of Ohioans support abortion with NO limitations. In fact, 55% of Democrats who favor abortion support reasonable limitations.
November’s “Reproductive Rights” amendment
Goes too Far!
• NO age limits
• NO regard for parental rights
• NO regard for fetal viability
• NO regard for fetal development
• NO restrictions on doctors.
• NO ”Burdensome” safety regulations
• NO protections against child rape and sex
• NOT limited to abortion means that it may also include dangerous and experimental gender altering drugs which minors may obtain at places like Planned Parenthood. (Unsupportive parents may be found in violation of their child’s constitutional rights and deemed abusive.)
Official Ballot Language
The Right to Reproductive Freedom with Protections for Health and Safety
The Amendment would amend Article I of the Ohio Constitution by adding Section 22, titled 'The Right to Reproductive Freedom with Protections for Health and Safety."
The Amendment provides that:
1. Every individual has a right to make and carry out one's own reproductive decisions, including but not limited to decisions on contraception, fertility treatment, continuing one's own pregnancy, miscarriage care, and abortion.
This means that there is NO AGE LIMIT, removing parental rights. This is not gender specific and is not limited which means that it may include sex change proceedures for minors.
2. The State shall not, directly or indirectly, burden, penalize, prohibit, interfere with, or discriminate against either an individual's voluntary exercise of this right or a person or entity that assists an individual exercising this right, unless the State demonstrates that it is using the least restrictive means to advance the individual's health in accordance with widely accepted and evidence-based standards of care.
This opens doors for sex traffickers and child predators to facilitate abortions with NO QUESTIONS ASKED!
3. However, abortion may be prohibited after fetal viability. But in no case may such an abortion be prohibited if in the professional judgment of the pregnant patient's treating physician it is necessary to protect the pregnant patient's life or health.
The abortionist makes the final decision. Health has been ruled to cover a wide array of definitions including financial and mental health. Where there is a will there is a way. This is a pretense of regulation but with the abortion provider still in charge meaning that there is absolutely NO REGULATION!
4. As used in this Section, "Fetal viability" means "the point in a pregnancy when, in the professional judgment of the pregnant patient's treating physician, the fetus has a significant likelihood of survival outside the uterus with reasonable measures. This is determined on a case-by-case basis; and "State" includes any governmental entity and political subdivision.
See above. Only the abortion provider has the right to make the final decision. This means totally unregulated abortion up to and including the day of birth and worse.
5. This Section is self-executing.